Your boring ass breakfast called.
It wants to be this.
I mean, how many ways do you think a girl can make a burger?
I just can’t stop; making burgers is kinda my crack. This is my Brunch Burger, complete with runny egg and all.
The buns are actually pancakes.
I made my batter pretty thick and used one of my big canning jar lids as a mold – it worked like a freakin’ charm. The brand I used was Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix.
I love brunch for a few different reasons.
The main reason is that it’s probably the most laid back meal ever. Think 11 o’clock mimosas with a loaded omelet, Bloody Mary’s with eggs benedict…you get my point.
This burger is the epitome of brunch. It’s hearty, delicious and very middle of the road. You can customize it any way you want to. I made a half ground chicken, half ground pork burger with chopped jalapenos in the mix. You didn’t expect anything less, did you? I also added bacon, fresh tomato, pepperjack cheese and a runny egg.
Here’s your printable –
- 1 batch Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancakes - reducing the water by 1 tbsp.
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 jalapeno, diced (you could also use 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos)
- 2 tbsp seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 fresh eggs, cooked over medium
- Bacon, cooked
- Fresh tomato, sliced
- Pepperjack cheese, sliced
- Make buns by heating prepared griddle or pan to 350 degrees, add batter to the center of sprayed canning jar lids; remove lid and flip.
- Combine ground chicken, pork, jalapeno, salt and Worcestershire; form into four burgers and grill or pan fry until done.
- Make eggs - I cook mine over medium heat in a little butter until whites are almost done, then add about a tbsp of water and cover until yolk starts to look opaque.
- Assemble burger by adding cheese to one pancake, followed by bacon, tomato, burger, then egg; top with another pancake.
Keep in mind to thoroughly spray the inside of your canning lid so none of the batter sticks to the inside.
Also, make eggs at the very end - You want runny yolks!
P.S. – To see more of my burgers go here, here, here and here. (That’s just a few!)