Sometimes you need a good buffalo burger with blue cheese to help wipe off your winter tears.
Is your weather still sucking right now? Are you ready to tell winter to go F off? I am. It needs to go F the F off.
I’m so tired of cold, dreary, blah weather and hearing about snow and having to bring the damn dogs into the garage at night – they need to keep their nasty, hairy asses outside.
It’s really time for long days, flip flops and shorts, the pool, and to SWEAT. Most of all, I’m ready to grill, aren’t you? Don’t even start bitching about the hot weather coming; just embrace it. Hug it. Love on it a little. It’s the best time of the year. Speaking of grilling, it’s 80 degrees today!
The first warm day last week I really wanted to fire up my grill, but of course it had to be an asshole and be completely out of propane. So, these were made in my cast iron skillet because I had already gone to Publix (shocker, I know. Jesus, they might as well load my buggy for me at this point because I’m there EVERY.SINGLE.DAY) and I was too lazy to drive the tank down to Ace and exchange it.
So…cast iron skillet wins.
These are Buffalo Blue Cheese Burgers with coleslaw – yes – with jalapeños. Did it need extra heat from the jalapeños? Who knows. But I put them in there because, well, I wanted to. And it’s SO GOOD.
This is a burger that requires you to love blue cheese and buffalo sauce, especially the blue cheese because I put that shit all in the burger mixture. My husband HATES it. With a passion.
I just can’t grasp that kind of negative mentality.
That didn’t stop me from making them.
And eating one for breakfast the next morning.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 lb. ground round
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese (I used Stilton)
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Brioche buns, split in half
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Buffalo sauce (I use Moore's - my favorite)
- 1 bag angel hair cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 2 jalapenos, diced (or maybe 1 depending on how big and how much heat you like)
- 1/3 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ground round, Worcestershire sauce and blue cheese, salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers until done.
- Make slaw by mixing all ingredients; salt and pepper.
- To assemble burger, add a tomato slice to bottom bun, followed by blue cheese crumbles, burger, slaw and drizzle with buffalo sauce.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
Adam J. HollandMarch 19, 2015 at 6:22 PM
While I enjoy a grilled burger, the ones from the griddle or cast iron skillet are bitchin’ in their own right. Good job, Shea. This looks outstanding.
SheaMarch 19, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Thanks Adam! I happen to LOVE burgers in my cast iron skillet – and I sop up all the leftover goodness with the buns.