Is it just me?
Or do you see Mermaid sparkles on those shrimp tails?
How CUTE is that??? I didn’t even mean to catch those sparkles in the photos.
I know, I know… I make the shit out of burgers. If you’re not familiar with my obsession go here, here, here and here. That’s actually just scratching the surface but y’all can check the rest out later.
This – is shrimp scampi on a traditional burger seasoned with Worcestershire, drizzled with a dressing made with mayo, simple cocktail sauce and lemon juice. It’s nestled on a bed of fresh spinach, which rounds the whole thing out.
It may be crazy, but it doesn’t matter. Y’all will LOVE this.
It’s pure insanity. The sauce is to die for; lemon juice is so good with mayo and cocktail sauce. You would think that mayo combined with cockail sauce wouldn’t need anymore acidity, but somehow it works so well.
Don’t ask me how I came up with this whole combo because I really have no answer.
Other than I love to get all crazy in the kitchen.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (I kept the tails on mine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 sandwich buns, sliced
- Heat a cast iron skillet or pan to medium high heat.
- Combine ground round, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt; form into burgers and cook until done; remove from heat and cover with foil.
- Whisk the butter, salt, basil, thyme and lemon juice together in a small bowl; pour over shrimp and bake in oven for 5-7 minutes; remove.
- Combine the cocktail sauce, mayo and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Make burger by toasting buns, brushing with melted butter, adding some arugula on the bottom, adding a burger, top with shrimp and finally cocktail/mayo sauce.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
BeverleyMarch 5, 2016 at 4:42 AM
oh my could this recipe be any tastier?? What a great combination and thank you for making it look soooo sooo goood xoxo
Abbe @ This is How I CookMarch 3, 2016 at 11:19 PM
I best make this soon, because it may be as close to sex as I get for awhile!
Michelle | A Dish of Daily LifeMarch 2, 2016 at 12:27 PM
I need this recipe in my life! I’m drooling just looking at this!