Just keep an open mind here.
I know this may seem unconventional. Or weird.
But it works.
When I was recently asked by Sprouts to create a recipe using their Cookie Butter, my initial idea was to make something sweet. However, if you know me at all you know I’ll go to great lengths to keep it savory. I just can’t help myself. If you haven’t had their Cookie Butter, it’s kinda like peanut butter, but instead of peanuts it’s made with spiced cookies (think gingerbread, or otherwise known as Speculoos) made into a creamy spread.
Yes, the stuff is sweet. BUT when you marry it with salty bacon and spicy Sriracha on a burger, it’s a beautiful sweet/savory combo. I used their 85% Extra Lean Ground Chuck and fresh baby greens.
I was honestly blown away when I tasted this pretty thing.
It doesn’t have to set your mouth on fire; you can just add a little Sriracha if you don’t like a lot of heat or add a lot if you do.
I like the sting.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 lb Sprouts 85% Ground Chuck
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups baby greens, arugula or lettuce
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup Sprouts Cookie Butter
- Sriracha sauce
- Combine ground chuck, salt, pepper and Worchestershire; form into 4 burgers and grill or pan fry until done.
- Toast the buns and brush with melted butter.
- Microwave the cookie butter for about 20 seconds, until melted.
- Assemble burger by placing greens on the bottom bun, add burger and drizzle with cookie butter, Sriracha and top with bacon.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
This post was sponsored by Sprouts Farmer’s Market. All opinions are my own.