This Caesar Salad Burger is one of a kind.
It’s one of those. The OMG Burgers.
They have all the flavors of a Caesar salad with the addition of homemade croutons. Not just any croutons, mind you, but homemade Jalapeno Parmesan croutons.
You could use bottled Caesar dressing, or make your own. Either will work. I didn’t over season the burgers because there’s a lot of flavor going on here. There’s something about the addition of the slight crunchiness of the croutons that set this burger apart from most.
Remember that if you like jalapeno flavor but not big on heat you’ll need to deseed and derib (is that a word??) the pepper and rinse before you dice it.
Just don’t touch your face before you wash your hands!
Oh, and another tip – I mixed in some Caesar dressing with one of the burgers before I grilled it and I think I liked it better than without it. I didn’t add that to the printable recipe but feel free to do that – I think it made it more juicy.
Not too long ago I made a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza. Did you see it?? If not – click here.
For these burgers I used Sprouts‘ All-Natural lean ground chuck and fresh romaine lettuce.
Their meat and seafood is top quality. If you have a Sprouts in your area I highly recommend you become a customer – the produce section looks like a work of art and everything is so fresh.
Here’s your printable-
- 4 slices white bread (I actually used Potato bread), cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Olive oil
- 1 pound Sprouts Extra Lean All-Natural Ground Chuck
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package burger buns
- 1 head Romaine lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- Caesar salad dressing - Get my version here
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss bread cubes with cheese and diced jalapeno.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Combine the ground chuck and Worcestershire, form into 4 burgers and grill or pan fry until done.
- Toast buns.
- Assemble burgers by layering romaine lettuce, burger, croutons, dressing and Parmesan cheese.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
AmyDecember 13, 2015 at 7:48 AM
Wow, now that is a burger. I’m going to try this today.