I decided to combine two of the greatest comfort foods ever….pizza and burgers.
I made a Pepperoni Pizza Burger to make life easy for you.
You’ll also appreciate the fact that I made the buns out of my pizza dough.
These are pizza dough buns. Not regular ass buns. Pizza. Dough. Buns.
So, here’s how I did this.
I made my usual burger with ground round (80/20), and chopped the shit out of some pepperoni and mixed it all up in there. Of course, I added basil, oregano and other things of that nature.
If you break this down…it’s pretty damn simple.
Besides making the pizza dough (which is pretty easy), you can just throw this together and look like a rockstar if you’re trying to impress a friend, your neighbor, or a date.
Nah, on second thought don’t try to impress anybody.
Make it for yourself.
Here’s your printable –
- This pizza dough, formed into burger buns
- 1 lb ground round
- 6 oz pepperoni, diced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Muenster cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Make 4 buns with prepared pizza dough, cook according to directions.
- Combine ground round, pepperoni and Worcestershire sauce; form into 4 burger and cook or grill until desired doneness; add equal amounts of cheeses to each and cover until melted; remove.
- Mix tomatoes with basil through salt; set aside.
- Assemble burgers by adding sauce on bottom bun, burger, more sauce, another burger, more sauce, a basil leaf and top with remaining bun.
Add corn meal to dust burger buns before they cook - it's great texture.