If you know me, you know I love Greek flavors. Did you see this dip I made a while back? It’s one of my faves.
I could put feta cheese on just about anything. My husband is not happy about this; he does not like feta cheese. See, his favorite seasoning is ketchup.
Oh, no. This girl’s palate needs waaaayyy more than that.
I just don’t understand the man. He’s a mozzarella lover – he can eat a big block of whole milk mozzarella like an apple. I have no idea how his bowels manage to move. Even though he’s a little picky, I do know how to make him happy. Pasta with butter, garlic, salt and pepper would completely satisfy him.
I just don’t get that.
This burger is a beautiful combination of beef, Greek salad, tzatziki sauce and feta cheese. It’s scrumptious and a great twist on the traditional cheeseburger.
For my Greek salad, I roughly chopped green bell pepper, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, green olives and feta cheese tossed with a balsamic and tarragon vinaigrette. Tarragon is another one of my favorite flavors; it’s a game changer.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped, but save 1 tbsp for Tzatziki
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese, plus another 1/2 cup for topping off burgers
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (give or take a little depending on preference)
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1 small container plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dried dill weed
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Combine pepper through feta cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix together the oil, vinegar and tarragon with a whisk; pour over salad and toss together. Refrigerate.
- With your hands, mix the beef, Worcestershire sauce and Greek seasoning; form into 4 patties. Grill or pan fry them to your preference.
- Combine the yogurt, remaining cucumber and dill weed and spread on the bottom parts of hamburger buns.
- Add the burgers to bottom half, top with salad and more feta.
How could anybody not like feta cheese?
Aimee @ ShugarySweetsMarch 31, 2013 at 7:04 AM
OMG I want this on my menu NOW.