Sometimes you just need a good jalapeno popper.
I do like the traditional jalapeno popper, but I like to step outside of the box.
However, it doesn’t have to be in the form of the actual popper itself. I’ve played around with this particular flavor combination for a long time.
Have you seen these?
Jalapeno Popper Rice
Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Flatbread
Apparently I have an affinity for jalapenos and jalapeno poppers. I just love the flavor combined with the heat.
These buffalo chicken poppers are a bit different because it’s not the actual buffalo chicken dip I stuffed them with; it’s buffalo chicken topped with bacon and blue cheese.
These can easily be customized to your preference. If you don’t like a lot of heat, control the amount of buffalo sauce. I use Moore’s Buffalo Sauce because it happens to be the best I’ve ever had – if you haven’t tried it, you should.
Here’s your printable-
Buffalo Chicken, Bacon and Blue Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 jalapeno peppers, washed, halved and deseeded
- 1/2 pound chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup Moore's Buffalo Sauce
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Blue cheese, crumbled
- Blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine chicken with buffalo sauce.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with chicken mixture, top with blue cheese, a little more buffalo sauce and bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and top with more blue cheese, scallions and a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
Want to see more pepper recipes? Visit Sumptuous Spoonfuls
to see a list of fantastic pepperlicious ideas…