You’re going to like these – They are my Jalapeno Popper Chicken Potato Skins.
These are potato skins, but they happen to be on steroids.
That’s right. All the things you love about jalapeno poppers and potato skins, with shredded chicken thrown all up there in the mix.
Wanna know how many I ate after I made them? Well, I won’t tell you, but just know I made a complete meal out of them. And, I was by myself – but that’s ok because Mark is completely grossed out by shredded chicken (I have no idea why), so he wouldn’t have tasted them anyway. Brantley wouldn’t have because he doesn’t like jalapeños, and we all know that Katelyn doesn’t eat meat whatsoever.
More for moi.
Think I’ll ever get over my jalapeno addiction?
Here’s your printable –
- 4 Russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt
- 4 jalapeno peppers, washed and diced (you can use more or less depending on your preference)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus more for topping
- Pickled jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes in potatoes with a fork, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle sea salt all over.
- Place the potatoes and jalapenos on a baking sheet and cook the jalapenos for about 10 minutes (5 on each side), and potatoes for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
- Mix the jalapenos, chicken, and cheeses together; refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve them and scoop out the middles; put that in the fridge for something else.
- Fill each potato skin with cheese/chicken mixture, top with more shredded cheddar and add a pickled jalapeno on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and skins start to get crispy.
RobinMay 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM
These look amazing! We love potato skins around here and the hotter the better. Thanks for coming by and partying with me!
Kristi @Let This Mind Be in YouMay 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Oh yes—pinning these right now! I love every one of those ingredients, so having them together must be absolute heaven!
Thank you for linking up to
From the Farm Blog Hop! We hope to see you again next week!
[email protected]Let This Mind Be in You
IveyMay 25, 2013 at 8:04 AM
These look delicious. Thank you
Maureen | Orgasmic ChefMay 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Potato skins on steroids? I kinda like that idea. 🙂
CaroleMay 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Shea, I have popped these lovely potato skins over to Food on Friday: Potato and pinned it there. Thanks for linking in. I hope to see you again soon. Cheers
Dixie ChikMay 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
CarolynMay 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
O.M.G. These are absolutely going to jump into our mouths this weekend . . . FOR SURE! Looks so gooooood!
Dixie ChikMay 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Thank you 🙂