How many different ways can I make jalapeno poppers?
Let me count the ways –
This is my latest – Italian sausage and cream cheese stuffed and wrapped with croissant dough, and this time I made a hot raspberry lime dipping sauce (or drizzle).
The sauce really compliments the poppers. It’s just SO good – sweet, savory and hot. I love that combination.
Italian Sausage Jalapeno Poppers with Hot Raspberry Lime Dipping Sauce
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 lb Italian sausage (I like turkey Italian sausage - it's not as fat laden)
- 1/2 block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can refrigerated croissant dough
- 1 tbsp raspberry preserves
- 3 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash peppers and slice in half; scrape out the seeds and ribs.
- Brown Italian sausage and let cool; mix with cream cheese and spoon into pepper halves.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with a croissant triangle.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- For the dipping sauce, whisk the preserves,Tabasco and lime juice together.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]