I just want to faceplant into it.
If you haven’t seen my Slow Cooker French Dips yet, go here. I made this pizza with the leftovers and it’s now officially one of my favorite things, and I just couldn’t wait to share. As if French Dips weren’t already delicious enough; I went and transformed them.
I was recently sent a beautiful 7 quart Stainless Slow Cooker from All-Clad and the Today Show. It’s the prettiest thing ever.
I’m so in love with it. I have so many plans for this – especially because of the size. 7 quarts gives you so much room to make so many fun things. It has a 7 quart nonstick aluminum insert, can be used on gas an electric cooktops, has a stainless steel finish and stainless steel lid. She’s such a show off.
Back to the French Dip Pizza.
Check out how thin my crust is – I like it like that sometimes.
It makes it easier to fold like this…
- Leftovers from this recipe
- This pizza dough recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more to coat pizza dough
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 16 oz. can beef broth or stock
- 4 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- Fresh Italian leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Make pizza dough and cover with a clean dish towel.
- Caramelize onions by adding them to a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle with oil and butter and toss to coat; sprinkle with salt.
- Stir occasionally until onions start to caramelize and turn the heat down to low, stirring only when necessary, adding beef broth a little at a time, for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare dough on a stone or baking sheet and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Make pizza by spreading the onion/broth mixture on bottom, followed by beef and Provolone.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and top with parsley.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
Thank you to Today Show and All-Clad for the 7 Quart Deluxe Slow Cooker.