These have so much going on it’s kinda ridiculous.
Little tiny pork chops (tiny ’cause I made them that way), fried golden brown and put in a fluffy sharp cheddar and jalapeno bun, and topped with a luscious cheese dip and and a crazy pickle relish.
I know, it sounds a bit over the top.
But they’re ridiculously good.
I made a cheese sauce with Cabot’s Farmhouse Reserve cheddar – one of my favorites. Yes, this slider is full of damn cheese.
But, what’s wrong with that?
You can call them a big, fat ass hot mess if you want, but you know this looks good. The rosemary…I LOVE fresh rosemary, I could sniff the stuff all day long.
There’s something about the contrast of the cheese with the pickles. It’s kind of addictive and I’m thinking of all kinds of things to do with it.
Here’s your printable-
- This dough
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Cabot Farmhouse Reserve cheddar cheese
- This cheese dip
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 pound thinly sliced boneless pork chops, pounded even more thin and cut in half
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp mayo
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the dough and add rosemary; cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Form into balls the size of golf balls and place in a muffin pan; cover for an additional 30 minutes, uncover and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden on top.
- Make cheese dip.
- Combine egg and milk in a medium size mixing bowl.|
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and cayenne in a separate mixing bowl.
- Dredge the pork chops in the egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees and add pork chops, two or three at a time for 4 minutes, turning halfway in between; drain on paper towels.
- Combine the pickles, onion, mustard and mayo.
- Assemble by splitting buns in half, adding pork chop, top with pickle relish and cheese sauce.
Sabrina B,October 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM
Wow, you got me with that photo! Have to have this, and yep, while I’m at it I’m adding bacon