Ok. I think I’ve realized something.
I think my fear of baking has slowly morphed into a determination to try to get a better handle on it.
Hard to dispute given this, this, this and this. I never would have thought I would care that much to bake, but it’s growing on me.
I have finally found THE perfect pretzel dough recipe. I was so excited after the first batch, I declared out loud my intention to make a shit ton of pretzel things.
Yes, a “shit ton”, that’s Alabama slang for a large amount.
Mark and the kids kept grabbing them off the baking sheet before I could do anything with them so I had to hide some to get any projects or photos done.
They were relentless. Like damn vultures.
Here’s one I’m sharing with you today; Mini Cinnamon and Sugar Pretzel Bites. I’m telling you the texture of the dough is dead-on. Just make sure your water isn’t too hot or it will kill the yeast (140 degrees and it’s done), but not too cool or it won’t proof. If you feel any sting at all, it’s too hot. I made this recipe twice, and both times I let my dough rise on top of a preheated 400 degree oven. It’s m-effing cold here in the south right now and I needed back up.
Also, make sure the baking soda/water mixture is at a rolling boil when you add the pretzel dough.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 recipe Pretzel Dough - obviously minus the cheese
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk (you might need a little more to thin icing)
- Make pretzel dough per directions, with the exception being instruction #6. Here, I want you to pinch off a piece of dough the size of a golf ball and roll it around in your hands a few times until smooth. Continue doing that with the rest of the dough, placing it on parchment paper lined sheet, but leave about 1/2 inch space in between.
- Brush with eggwash.
- Combine cinnamon and granulated sugar and sprinkle on each pretzel ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together confectioner's sugar and milk.
- Drizzle on top of the pretzel bites when done.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
This post was updated on 09/13/20.
[email protected]May 29, 2021 at 1:19 AM
Made these SUGAR PRETZEL BITES and my family just loved them. The cinnamon sprinkled on them was simply amazing.
Anita RodriguesFebruary 15, 2021 at 2:23 AM
Oh wow! Lovely CINNAMON AND SUGAR PRETZEL BITES, just love them.
Chris @ Shared AppetiteFebruary 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Oh my goodness these look outrageously good! I want to stick my face through my computer screen and eat that whole tray of them! Pinned 🙂
michaelFebruary 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Those look wonderful, I think I mentioned to you before that I love cinnamon a lot. Gotta try these! 🙂
Lauren @ Hall NestingFebruary 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Yum these look so good. Ya my husband always tries to “taste test” as he calls it when I am taking pictures.
GloriaJanuary 31, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Wow!!These pretzel bites look so yumm..wish I could taste them from here..
Peter @Feed Your Soul TooJanuary 31, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Shea, these look great. send some over.
Healing TomatoJanuary 31, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Very delicious! I love the idea of making these at home. Normally, I find myself buying these from the mall. This will save me a trip and gas. So easy to make, too