I know, I know.
I’ve made lots of dumplings.
I can’t help it; I love to make these.
There’s Spicy Crab Rangoons, Salmon Dumplings with Key Lime Dipping Sauce, Habanero Cheddar Wontons with Spicy Dipping Sauce, just to name a few.
I haven’t blogged many of them, but they’re in my book to do.
But, these. THESE, y’all, are different.
It’s the sauce that’s so spectacular. My Lord.
The sauce is like pure crack – Hot Mandarin Orange Dipping Sauce. It’s sweet, spicy and has just enough salty-soy and sesame flavor to make it so perfect.
Then…that Sriracha kicks in.
That’s the good stuff.
Here’s your printable-
Cheese Wontons with Hot Mandarin Orange Dipping Sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Combine cheeses and cayenne in a mixing bowl thoroughly.
- Make wontons by wetting the edges of wonton wrappers and putting a tsp of cheese filling in the center of each, bringing each corner together and sealing. Keep each assembled wonton under a damp paper towel until ready to cook.
- Heat sesame oil over medium oil and cook a few at a time, until brown on the bottom.
- Puree everything in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve with wontons.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
Adam J. HollandMarch 30, 2016 at 7:03 PM
Perfect indeed. Very impressive. I want these — now!
SheaMarch 30, 2016 at 7:15 PM
Thanks, Adam – You would love these.