Spreadable cheese had me stumped for a little while. I mean, WTF do you do with it?
Yes, I know you can spread it on crackers or put it in celery. But for a foodie like me, the regular ass way of doing things just isn’t very much fun. I need it to be adventurous, exciting, crazy.
Well, I figured out WTF to do with it, and found my exciting.
Cabot’s Spreadable Habanero Cheese mixed with cream cheese – in a wonton. After I made these a few nights ago I had to fist pump myself because –
- No one was awake during that moment, which was about 1:32 a.m. but me, so obviously there was no one to fist pump. I also had all of them to myself.
- These are so damn awesome I felt as if I needed to win an Academy Award.
- I managed to not eat them all.
And the sauce….OMG the sauce. Soy sauce, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and green onions. That is a luscious combo.
Crab wontons have nothing on these. The habanero cheese make these straight up rock stars – they’re sexy.
Yes, food can be sexy.
Here’s your printable-
- 4 oz. Cabot Habanero Cheese Spread
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package wonton wrappers (you'll probably just use about half of them)
- Canola oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Green onions, chopped
- Combine the cheeses and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble wontons by lining each wrapper with water using your finger or pastry brush and filling each with about a teaspoon of cheese filling.
- Bring oil to about 375 degrees and fry the wontons in batches without crowding, about 1 minute until golden brown.
- Whisk the dipping sauce ingredients together and serve.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
AmyDecember 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM
A sure winner in our family, we could make a whole meal out of these.