Beer Cheese Nachos.
Doesn’t the name just sound fun?
I remember a restaurant in my hometown called Incahoots that had the best Beer Cheese Soup. When I went there that’s the first thing I ordered. They have since closed down, but I’ll always remember the taste of that soup. I haven’t tried to recreate it, but that might be a project to put on my list. As if I need to add to it.
But, thanks to my obsession with jalapenos and all things Mexican, I made you Beer Cheese Nachos.
I don’t know what beer does to cheese when they hook up, but it tastes amazing. This recipe is SO easy, and just a few ingredients.
I added fresh pico de gallo and cilantro to mine. The lime crema works beautifully with the candied jalapenos (especially if they have seeds and are hot as hell like mine are).
Here’s your printable-
Beer Cheese Nachos with Lime Crema
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 12 oz can of beer (any kind will work)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Tortilla chips
- Candied Jalapenos
- Fresh Cilantro
- Over medium heat, combine all ingredients.
- Stir consistently until melted. If it starts to scorch, turn the heat down to medium low or low.
- Combine the sour cream and lime juice to make the crema.
- Pour cheese over tortilla chips, then lime crema.