I love when this happens.
You know, when your leftovers go straight Rock Star.
I was just trying to use up some leftover flank steak the other day, and I was starving.
Starving = Your Food Will Taste Amazing.
I don’t even remember what I made with the flank steak the night before.
But, the steak was so.much.better. than the night before. I won’t lie, this was a cheap cut of meat. The cheaper the meat, the more difficult it is to make tender. But, I sprinkled it with salt, simmered it in a little beef broth, covered and simmered it on low for about 20 minutes.
It sliced like buttah and made one hell of a panini.
- 4 pieces white sandwich bread (or wheat, or rye, or whatever your favorite is)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 lb. flank steak, done, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup guacamole (you know how to make this)
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- BBQ sauce for dipping
- Heat a panini maker over medium high heat and spray with nonstick spray (also spray the top of the panini maker).
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with butter.
- Add one piece of bread to the bottom of panini grill and layer steak, tomatoes, bacon, guacamole and cheese.
- Add another slice of bread and close the panini maker.
- Grill until done.
- Dip in BBQ sauce.
This was so good – like, I can’t describe it good. Nobody was home at the time and I had no witnesses to this insanity.
The Muenster cheese is a key element here. Don’t skimp on it.
Oh, and the BBQ sauce.
This is crazy deliciousness.
ATasteOfMadnessOctober 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM
It’s so true, and I am STARVING right now! Even if I wasn’t, I think I would eat a plate full of these, this looks SO good!
LydiaFOctober 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM
You did a great job with the photos. I literally salivated…guess I need to make lunch, but it will be a lame lunch compared to your magnificent Panini 😉
JessOctober 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
YUMMY! Looks delicious! 🙂
Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!
Lori @Lori's Culinary CreationsOctober 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Oh, yum! Thanks for sharing. This looks like a perfect Sunday Football sandwich. Have a great day