I sooo didn’t mean to take this long to post this for you.
Life got in the way.
Anyway, I was in the burger division in the World Food Championships back in November and had an absolute blast. This was my second year competing, and I’m so in love with it.
I had no idea how much I would love it.
Meet my team –
Left to right above – Quetta, me, Lynn and Natalie.
They were awesome; I couldn’t have asked for a better team. Moore’s Marinade was my sponsor – which was so fitting because I used their marinades in my burgers.
I wouldn’t use any other marinade.
They don’t know it but I’m family to the Moore’s company…..sssshhhhh!
I made two different burgers; one was a Southern Burger with fried green tomatoes and a spicy remoulade sauce and the other was a Polynesian Burger, which I’m sharing with you today.
This is hands down one of my favorite burgers to date. The combination of pineapple, bacon and the spicy ketchup is off the charts delicious.
Not to mention those fried onion strings…
Here’s your printable-
- 1 lb ground round
- 3 tbsp Moore's Original Marinade
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 onion, sliced very thin
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups peanut oil
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked
- 4 pineapple rings, preferably fresh
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- 4 burger buns or 8 slider buns
- Combine ground round and marinade together; form beef into 4 patties.
- Cook or grill burgers until desired doneness; top with cheese slices and cover until melted. Set aside.
- Mix flour, corn meal, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees.
- Dip onions in egg/milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture; fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat and add pineapple rings; cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until slightly golden; remove and set aside.
- Mix ketchup through pineapple juice in a small bowl.
- Build burger in this order - sauce on bottom bun, burger, bacon, pineapple and onion strings.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
LaurieFebruary 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM
That burger looks like a delicious work of art – thank you so much for sharing the recipe!