These are some extreme cupcakes.Well, kinda, but they’re SO FUN. I mean, just think about these flavors – marshmallow, a hint of hot chili in the chocolate (I mean, shit, why not?) topped off with candied bacon AND a peep. Sweet, salty, crunchy, a little bitty hint of heat, and, of course, marshmallow-y. It’s the epitome of a sweet and spicy combination. You can thank Chocoley for these. They graciously sent me goodies to make something fun for Easter and share with y’all – and now my family is officially addicted to their amazing chocolate.
Feel free to completely cover the frosting with the chocolate instead of drizzling if you want more chocolate/chili flavor.
These are some happy peeps. And, they’re sprinkled with some colored sparkly sanding sugar, of course.They’re officially the badasses of Easter cupcakes. I think Pinky there on the far left may have dipped a little too much in the chili oil.
- 1 box vanilla cupcake mix, prepared as directed
- 2 containers cream cheese or vanilla cake frosting (make sure it's at room temperature)
- 2 drops Marshmallow Flavoring Oil (Put in warm water bath for 5-10 minutes)*
- 1/2 lb. bacon, halved
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz. Chocoley Dark Chocolate
- 2 drops Hot Chili Oil (Put in a warm water bath for 10-15 minutes)*
- Sanding Sugar
- Make cupcakes according to package directions. Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle brown sugar over each piece. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until thoroughly done and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool; crumble.
- Stir cake frosting and Marshmallow oil thoroughly with a large spatula.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and add Hot Chili Oil; stir to combine.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes, drizzle with chocolate, sprinkle with bacon and sanding sugar.
- Top with a Peep.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
*Adding coloring oils at room temperature will shock melted chocolate and it will seize.
SinzianaMarch 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM
What a cute bunny cupcakes! Love the colors! Stopped by via Creative Spark!