Is so worth all the chopping. You could always use your food processor to prevent the cilantro getting all up under your nails like it did mine.
I promise it’s cilantro. This was adapted from Serious Eats. It’s a combination of poblano peppers, serrano peppers, tomatillos and sour cream. I added jalapenos, of course, but you don’t have to. Things I learned after making this three times (it was quite popular the first time I made it):
- Don’t skimp on the tomatillos.
- Don’t use low fat sour cream.
- Dig the cilantro out of your damn nails before taking pictures.
The first time I made this it was for a Christmas dinner party I hosted with Stephanie from Plain Chicken, Jill from Cooking What I Pin, Karen from The Little Pearl, Tina from Regional Musician, Mary, Becky and Heather.
Obviously, we had some laughs that night. These girls are so much fun!
Oh, and look, I made calzones and dipped mine in it.
Such a beautiful hot mess.
I’ve think I’m gonna make chicken enchiladas with this sauce baked on top. Or beef! This stuff is good.
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 serrano chile peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp salt
- Combine everything from peppers through water in a small sauce pan and bring to a slow boil; reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the mixture in a food processor or blender, puree until smooth and stir in sour cream, lime juice and salt.
erickfwlao.Link4blogs.comDecember 9, 2018 at 6:47 PM
I rattling lucky to find this site on bing, just what I
was searching for 😀 too bookmarked. http://erickfwlao.Link4blogs.com/
MichelleOctober 17, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Just arrived home from Kroger with all of the ingredients, except the cilantro! Back to the store, I go because this is getting made tonight!
DemiSeptember 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Hey there! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and finally got the bravery
to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Tx!
Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!
adam @unorthodoxepicureDecember 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Muy bueno! NOw I’ll go clean my own nails before shooting tomorrow’s blog photo. Thanks for the heads up — and for the wonderful salsa recipe. 😉
Dixie ChikDecember 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Thanks Adam! I’m LOVING your last post 😉
Maureen | Orgasmic ChefDecember 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM
What a fantastic group of female fun. I think your salsa verde would be a big hit at our house too.
Dixie ChikDecember 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Thanks Maureen – we need to catch up very soon!!