These Crispy Salmon Tacos with Cilantro Slaw have become my new favorite.
I stuffed some corn tortillas with salmon and slaw. And some crazy ass cheese sauce.
I have no shame. The cilantro slaw is so good – and avocado just gets in there and rounds the whole thing out.
Oh how I love the hell out of slaw.
This cheese sauce is not very typical. Well, it is kinda is, kinda not. It’s jalapeno-y, sharp cheddar-y and made with buttermilk. Oh, and I diced up a Roma tomato really, really, really fine and added it.
I poured that shit over everything.
I want to marry this cheese sauce. And have kids with it.
Little taco kids.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 bag angel hair cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Roma tomato, FINELY diced
- 1 lb. salmon fillets, (take that skin shit off)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- Combine angel hair cabbage through salt thoroughly in a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add flour, whisking to make a roux.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add buttermilk, cheeses and tomato. Salt and pepper to taste; stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and cook, grill, bake, however you like to do your fish, then flake it up with a fork.
- Heat canola oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add corn tortillas to oil.
- After about 10 seconds turn one edge up, using tongs, into a taco shape, then flip them until golden brown (this won't take long, I swear). Drain on paper towels.
- Let cool.
- Add salmon to tortillas, top with slaw, cheese sauce and avocado.