I made these for my baby girl for her 18th birthday…
I know these are like a novelty, and everybody seems to be on the cake pop train. If you know me, you’ll know I don’t really care about getting on trains – go here to see how once upon a time I made cake pops my very own. (Hint: Bourbon and bacon are both involved).
One of the differences between typical cake pops and these is the fact that I added cookie dough to the mix. You may have to freeze them a few minutes longer so they hold their shape, but they’re worth it.
My daughter and her friends LOVED these.
I rolled them in Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips, but you could crush candy canes or any peppermint candy you have on hand.
Using the same batter, I also rolled some in Peppermint Oreos and crushed peppermint sticks just to change things up a bit.
Go here for the printable-
- 1 boxed yellow cake, made according to directions and cooled
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups chocolate chip cookie dough (storebought is fine)
- White melting chocolate, or white chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate melting chocolate, or milk chocolate chips
- Andes Peppermint Chips
- Mint Oreos
- Peppermint sticks, crushed
- Sucker sticks
- Combine cooled cake, frosting and cookie dough; roll into balls and place on cookie sheet in freezer for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Melt chocolates.
- Insert sticks into cake pops and roll in chocolate, then crushed cookies and candies.
- Place on wax paper and freeze for an additional 30 minutes before serving.
*Consuming raw eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Adam J. HollandJanuary 8, 2017 at 4:32 PM
Where’s the bacon? Or bourbon? Just kidding! These look great!
SheaJanuary 9, 2017 at 5:28 AM
Ha! I know, I feel like they’re missing something 😉