Everybody loves cheese dip.
I know there are a lot of cheese dip recipes. But, this one is different; this is my version, kids.
I don’t know why, but I swear the buttermilk makes it. I tried it again today with regular milk, and it wasn’t the same. Still good, but not the same. If you don’t have buttermilk, splash a little bit of vinegar in some milk and let it sit for about 10 minutes – it will be the same thing.
You know I have to top mine off with jalapenos – of course.
There’s just something about cheese dip.
My latest obsession has been Cabot’s Farmhouse Reserve White Cheddar, and it works so well in this dip. Oh, and make sure to whisk the shit out of the roux in the beginning so you don’t have that powdery ass flour taste.
And put some jalapenos on it.
Here’s your printable-
- 1/4 stick salted butter
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups Cabot White Cheddar, shredded (This cheese is crack-like addictive, BTW)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat and add jalapenos; saute for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add flour and buttermilk; whisk until thickened.
- Add cheeses, cumin and cayenne and stir until melted.
- Salt to taste.