I’m so in love.
I could eat my weight in these things. They aren’t heavy, but seriously delicious.
Yes, they are a lot like the PF Changs lettuce wraps, but my version. What’s so great about these is the versatility factor.
You can literally customize these to your preference. I made them with ground chicken, but you could use ground beef or turkey if you wanted to. Also, keep in mind that you can alter the sauce from a heat perspective; use as much Sriracha and red pepper as you like – or omit them all together if you don’t like heat at all. I mean, I wouldn’t recommend omitting them, but you need to do whatever floats your lettuce wrap boat.
Don’t omit the cilantro, though. Believe it or not, the cilantro makes these so kick ass that you’ll be craving them for breakfast.
You’ll wonder why you never added cilantro to everything else.
Here’s your printable-
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Moore's Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 green onions, sliced into scallions
- 6 oz. can water chestnuts, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and separated into leaves
- Chinese rice sticks, broken into small pieces
- 3 tbsp Moore's Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame oil over medium heat and add ground chicken; stir until brown.
- Add marinade, onions and water chesnuts; remove from heat and cover.
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients in a small mason jar and shaking to combine.
- Assemble wraps by adding chicken mixture to a lettuce leaf and top with sauce and rice sticks and cilantro.