I absolutely love pairing things that are unexpected. Melon is a summertime staple that may be more versatile than you might think. It’s not just for being in a fruit cup.
Salads are a given, but have you ever thought to incorporate melon into seafood dishes? Or on bruschetta with salty feta cheese? Melon and most cheeses definitely go hand in hand. Melon also does a fantastic job of being a rock star in fresh summer salsa, paired with grilled fish or shrimp…
1. Bacon, Cantaloupe, & Arugula Salad – The Frugal Foodie Mama
This salad is full of tasty cantaloupe, peppery arugula, and salty bacon!All tossed together and then drizzled with a homemade bacon balsamic dressing that looks DELISH!
2. Feta Almond Watermelon Salad – Call Me PMc
This one is perfect for summer suppers and laid-back entertaining! Perfectly refreshing and light, this savory melon disch hits all the right notes!
3. Melon, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad – My Kitchen Love
This Melon, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad is a fresh Italian recipe that is sure to brighten your summer menu!
4.Watermelon Jalapeno Bruschetta – Dixie Chik Cooks
In season watermelon and heirloom tomatoes, fresh thyme, jalapenos combined with ricotta and feta cheeses on toasted bread… Heaven!
5. Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Feta and Mint – My Kitchen Love
Quick, easy and delicious! This recipe takes just 6 simple ingredients and 10 minutes! You won’t want to miss this one!
6. Cantaloupe Prosciutto Mozzarella Salad Recipe – Anns Entitled Life
This Cantaloupe Prosciutto Mozzarella Salad is sweet, salty and delicious! It is a perfect lunch dish, side dish or dinner in a hurry, and takes just 15 minutes!
7. Tilapia Sliders with Watermelon Salsa – Dixie Chik Cooks
This watermelon salsa is sweet, just slightly spicy, but most of all very fresh! And the perfect toping to these tilapia sliders!
8. Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad – My Suburban Kitchen
Sweet, savory and a little bit peppery, this is a summer sald you’re going to LOVE!
9. Pan Seared Tuna Steak with Gingered Melon – My Nourished Home
I love that this savory melon recipe includes a nice slice of tuna! The Gingerges Melon is the perfect fresh bite to accompany the perfect piece of fish too!
10. Watermelon Summer Salsa – Dixie Chik Cooks
The perfect flavors for celebrating summer… with a littke jalapeno kick of course!
11. Watermelon Brie Bites – My Suburban Kitchen
A savory way to use up any leftover watermelon! These are perfect one bite appetizers that will leave your guests asking for more!