Ready for something else sweet from me?
These little pretties are a combo of the world’s most perfect cookie and cheesecake.
It’s like they got married.
But cheesecake is a little clingy, so I don’t see a divorce in their future.
I’m just wondering – does anybody ever get tired of Oreos? I can’t buy one package of the damn things without both my kids and husband all hiding it from each other in crazy random spots in the pantry.
My husband is a big kid when it comes to cookies and cake. Oh, and ice cream and most types of candy.
And gum…he swallows his gum – isn’t that gross? Wonder if he have a big sticky ball of gum stopping up his intestines.
I know, ew. Bless his heart.
You can top these with melted chocolate if you want – I did half with and half without. Here’s the printable –
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups. (one 12 cup pan or two 6 cup pans)
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium just until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, beating in between.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down with a spatula and add sour cream and salt; beat until incorporated.
- Add one Oreo to the bottom of each muffin cup and spoon enough of the batter over the cookie to fill it almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set.
- To make the chocolate, add the chocolate chips and the shortening to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip the tops of the cheesecakes in the chocolate, or drizzle it.