Dill Pickled French Fries
Pickled french fries?
Do you like salt and vinegar potato chips? Pickles? If so, you’ll love these. You need these in your life. You just didn’t know it until now.
They will love you back.
They’re just little sticks of love. Tangy salty goodness.
Here’s a printable for you -
- 3 lbs. white potatoes
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups cold water (you may need more)
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Scrub potatoes and rinse; pat dry.
- Slice potatoes into french fries - as thick as you want them.
- Combine the vinegar and water in a large bowl and add cut potatoes. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour up to 3 hours.
- Rinse fries in a colander and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and generously salt, then sprinkle with dill.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip with tongs and bake another 15. If they don't seem quite done or crispy enough, leave them in longer, checking about every 5 minutes until desired doneness.
- Serve with ketchup. That is, if you like ketchup.
- You could also fry them, which are fantastic, but I'm trying to avoid a heart attack. (Sometimes I do fry, though).
- Just sayin'
Please ignore the manicure I so desperately need and focus on the potatoes.