This is not your ordinary pizza.
I LOVE salad on top of pizza – it gives it an entirely different texture. Plus you get some roughage; and erryyybody needs some roughage.
Well, ok, except my husband. He can eat an entire pound of Mozzarella cheese like it’s an apple and go poop right after. I just really don’t think that’s normal.
Although I have to say I’m jealous of that talent.
I love Muenster cheese on pizza, along with other cheeses, but feel free to use your favorite melty cheeses. Although you could definitely bake this on a baking sheet, my pizza stone makes the BEST pizzas. It’s Pampered Chef, and I’ve had it for 10 years now – 10!!! I have used the hell out of it. I made this a little on the thin side, but making a deep pan version in a cast iron skillet would be awesome, too.
We just love all things pizza around here. Here’s your printable-
Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled, chopped
- 8 oz. Muenster cheese slices
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided in half
- 1 bag Romaine lettuce (or green leaf, or red leaf)
- Caesar croutons
- This Caesar Salad Dressing (or store bought bottled Caesar dressing)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine the water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir on low and add flour, salt and olive oil.
- Mix on medium until the dough pulls away from the bowl; adding more flour if needed.
- Roll into a ball, drizzle a little olive oil to the bowl and roll the dough around to get it greasy.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a dish towel.
- Drizzle a pizza stone or baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread half of the pizza dough on stone or sheet.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the Caesar dressing over the dough (more or less depending on preference), spreading with a spoon.
- Add chicken, Muenster cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan evenly over dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and dough is done.