This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHoliday #CollectiveBias
Just about every year, a couple of my Thanksgiving guests and I go back and forth via social media about what I’ll be making for Thanksgiving (I love to host). We make a pinboard on Pinterest, etc, Facebook one another, etc. This year, I decided to change it up a bit by throwing a Thanksgiving Planning Party – and everybody loved the idea. I felt it was time to get more REAL face time instead of facebook time. Holidays are all about family and spending time with eachother.
The planning should be too.
To make our party delicious but uncomplicated, we decided to go with a buffet with Stouffer’s® Family Size Lasagna that I bought at Wal-Mart.
I added a big salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, yeast rolls and homemade Butterfinger Blondies using Butterfinger® Bits, which can be found in the baking isle. The recipe is below.
Because I chose Stouffer’s® frozen lasagna, the star of the dinner was easy.
Next, I made a pretty tablescape to set the tone for the night focusing on fall and Thanksgiving decor.
I found a pretty paisley print orange table cloth and used fall leaves, candles, both smooth and jeweled fruit pieces, dried Indian corn, and burlap. All of these things you can find at a Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart or a craft store. I also used a glass pumpkin (from Wal-Mart) to make a pretty and inexpensive candle setting that I filled with different colored lentils and barley (again, inexpensive!).
Since our party was buffet style, I put out plates and utensils wrapped in quality napkins wrapped with burlap strings. I’m kinda addicted to burlap.
The lasagna was perfect, easy and hearty. We didn’t have to spend a lot of time cooking, which gave us time to plan out our Thanksgiving menu together – in person – which makes it more personal and fun. We all talked about our favorite recipes, including some new ones we want to try. We got through the whole menu, had some wine and talked and laughed the whole time.
The Butterfinger blondies were a HUGE hit.
Here’s the printable for the Blondies!
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Butterfinger Bits
- Jarred butterscotch sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and combine.
- Add the Butterfinger Bits
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and drizzle with butterscotch sauce, if desired.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
Please check out the Flavorful Moments Pinterest board here and here and let me know how you would throw a unique party for friends and family during the holidays!!