Turkey Salad Club Sandwich
You know you’ve got some leftovers from that crazy, stressful Thanksgiving.
Let’s put them to good use, shall we?
Now, keep in mind that I don’t mean the typical boring leftover recipes. Anybody can make Turkey Tetrazzini (which I did make, yes) or plain ass turkey sandwiches. I mean, how exciting is a plain ass turkey sandwich??
Today I made a turkey salad, kinda like chicken salad with your regular mix ins – or I guess my typical mix ins – boiled egg, pickled jalapeños, onion, seasoned salt, mayo, etc.
Then, I made the decision to make an epic sandwich because that’s how I like to do things.
Most of the time.
I added a runny egg and bacon, of course. Other casts of characters here are fresh tomatoes and greens…but not just any greens. Rapini greens. I know, it’s so unconventional and maybe it sounds weird, but they’re SO good! Did you know that rapini greens supposedly cures impotence and infertility?
I had no idea.
I guess you learn something new everyday.
I also made a cranberry horseradish mayo and piled it all up on some fresh potato bread. It’s a very romantic sandwich – not to mention delicious.
And omg that egg…
Here’s your printable-
- 2 cups leftover turkey, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 boiled egg, diced
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp coarse pepper
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp canned cranberry sauce
- Potato bread slices, toasted
- Bacon slices
- 1 egg, over medium
- Rapini leaves
- Tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate.
- Spread cranberry mayo on bottom bread slice, followed by rapini leaves, turkey salad, another bread slice, cranberry mayo, tomato and bacon.