Bacon, Egg, Cheese and Tomato on Sourdough.
Who would have thought that combination would be so perfect?
I think it has something to do with the on-the-vine tomato. They happen to be an itty bitty bit more expensive than the regular ones, but so worth it. I am currently obsessed with them and need at least two in my possession at all times.
They taste like summertime. And as you know, I’m a summertime girl. I’m not ecstatic that it’s 34 degrees outside right now and I’m having to wear little slippers on my feet because if I don’t my Raynaud’s kicks in and the kids start making fun of my blue toes.
Needless to say, I’m not a fan of that. If you happen to be uninformed about Raynaud’s Phenomenon click here.
Don’t say I never taught you anything.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayo
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 slices fresh Sourdough bread
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (try to bring these to room temp before building the sandwich so they melt easier)
- Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper together and scramble over medium high heat; set aside.
- Toast both slices of bread and butter one side of each.
- Combine the mayo and Tabasco in a small bowl, and slather on both slices of bread, then spread the mayo mixture on the unbuttered sides.
- Build the sandwich by layering the cheese first, then eggs, bacon and tomato.
You could use any cheese you want, but Muenster is thebomb.com.
Oh, and please don’t be shy with the hot sauce.
You’ll thank me.
Don’t you love how I bring you summertime in the winter?
Nicole, RDDecember 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Now THAT is a sandwich! P.S. I loved your 10 things new bloggers should know post – I totally agree with every point! Cheers!
Dixie ChikDecember 31, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Thanks so much Nicole!!
MeighanDecember 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I cannot wait to try this! I am obsessed with sourdough bread.
Dixie ChikDecember 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM
You’re gonna love it. Especially with the mayo/Tabasco – it’s food pornography.