I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and got everything you wanted! My tree is packed up; great room is vacuumed.
Shit’s now back to normal.
Ok, so, yeah –
You’re gonna want to go ahead and make these.
They were inspired by How Sweet It Is. She needs to STOP with all her foodie lusciousness.
I have enough on my to-make list without her adding to it.
But I’m so glad she did!
Steak Sliders with Cheddar Sauce and Arugula
- 1 lb. flank steak (or top round)
- Plenty of sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sherry cooking wine
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package slider buns or dinner rolls, halved
- Sprinkle steak with salt; let rest for 15 minutes, rinse off and pat dry.
- Bring a skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add steak and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until seared. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil.
- (At this point if you want your slider buns buttered and toasted go ahead and do that ;))
- Combine flour and sherry in a medium sized pan over medium heat until it's almost boiling.
- Add cheese and garlic powder. Whisk until thick; remove from heat.
- Slice steak and add to slider buns.
- Drizzle cheese sauce over steak and add arugula.
[email protected]December 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Yummy. Come cook for us! We really need you to provide scrumptious nutrition as we are tired of fudge.
XO! Fantastic little san
Sharon and Denise @BeBetsy
Stephanie @ Plain ChickenDecember 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM
The cheese sauce sounds amazing!