This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things to eat – across the board – is a good sandwich. From a hot melty grilled cheese to simple turkey and good cheese, sandwiches are versatile and easy for anyone to make their own.
I definitely have fun with mine.
I usually do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart because I know I can easily find what I need. To make this phenomenal sandwich, I used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Oatmeal Bread, Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham and Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise.
The Farmhouse™ Oatmeal Bread is so soft and very fresh (it’s double wrapped!), it is now my favorite sandwich bread.
I am in LOVE with the ham – it’s not typical grocery store lunch meat. This is slow roasted, lean and thin (the way I like my ham). It also contains no artificial flavors or by-products.
Since it’s now springtime, I wanted to make something hearty, but a little on the lighter side. I made a creamy ham salad with chopped red onions, boiled eggs, diced pickles, mayo and a dash of sriracha for a nice kick. I also had BLT on the brain, so I decided why choose between the two when I can have both?? I did use turkey bacon instead of traditional, but you could always use regular bacon if you prefer.
Fresh lettuce and tomato finish this beauty off very nicely, of course with creamy Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise.
It’s a two in one.
I also spread the mayo on the outside of the bread to give it a nice crispy finish. If you haven’t tried that before, you should – it’s a great alternative to butter.
Cut this into small squares and serve as an appetizer for a party or get together, or even at a baby shower – your guests will love you.
Here’s your printable-
- 5 oz. Hillshire Farm® Thinly Sliced Honey Ham, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced (optional)
- 1 egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha, or more to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Oatmeal bread
- Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 large Roma tomato, sliced
- Green leaf lettuce, rinsed
- Combine all ingredients for the ham salad, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread mayo on one side of each bread and grill over medium heat until golden brown.
- Assemble sandwich by layering ham salad on the bottom slice of bread (mayo side down), add another slice and spread more mayo on top, followed by lettuce, bacon and tomato.
- Add more mayo to top slice and place on top.
EmilyMarch 27, 2017 at 9:29 AM
This look like a sandwich my husband could eat every day! I can’t wait to try your recipe! #client