I had a realization a few days ago.
There are so many of my favorite tried-n-true-and-made-so-many-times-I-could-make-them-with-my-eyes-closed recipes that I have not shared.
I have no idea why.
So, here’s a rundown of things I need to post for y’all – please feel free to hold me to this:
- Pizza; not my lovely pizzas with lemons and fennel, but real cheesy pepperoni pizzas with a fantastic crust. And by the way, my brother and I have committed to a pizza competition in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.
- Greek Salad. I’ve made it for years – my dad made a version of it and I’ve made one of my own.
- Italian Meatloaf. I’m not a huge meatloaf fan, but I love my mother’s and I love this version.
- Vegetable Beef Soup. This is my mother’s recipe, and it’s so simple and comforting in the winter with freshly baked cornbread (and cheap). Y’all know I don’t like bland ass food, so trust me on this one.
- Coleslaw. Yes, regular ass coleslaw. But it’s luscious coleslaw.
So, here’s another one I’m sharing now, potstickers (or) dumplings, whatever you want to call them. Mine consist of ground turkey and seasonings, wrapped up in a little wonton wrapper, browned and steamed until done. Mark loves these – he would make an entire meal of them if I let him.
But I don’t because he needs to share.
Anyway, they’re fool-proof and are so good every time.
And the sauce. It’s what makes them so fantastic.
I could drink it.
I could eat 40.
But I don’t let Mark…. *sigh* so I don’t.
Ok, so I’ve been meaning to do a post about my workspace/photography/props. I will be doing that soon, but in the meantime here’s a couple of shots my daughter Katelyn got of me working on this post –
You can tell I’m in my natural light space, which happens to be in the kitchen, and using the wood prop background that Mark made me. I have a huge window in the kitchen that gets the best light in the early afternoon, so I plan my recipe development/cooking in the morning so I have the afternoon to shoot. I have several backgrounds, but this is by far my favorite.
Yes, I obviously need my nails done.
However – I’m a full time registered nurse and obviously my hobby is cooking. ALL the time.
Which means that shit won’t happen because it won’t last.