Recently, I had the opportunity to try a product from Organic Valley for free and make one of the recipes on their website.
There’s so many it was hard to choose which one to make, but I settled on their Mo’ Bettah Cheddah Dip.
You know I had to put my own spin on it. And, of course, I added jalapenos.
Amongst other things.
Oh, and I made it a cheeseball.
This would be great for your holiday table.
The changes to the original recipe are noted. The cheese dip is really good before my changes – I just wanted to put a twist on it for fun.
Here’s the printable-
Pomegranate Jeweled Cheese Ball
- 1 block (8 oz) Organic Valley cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup pecans, crushed
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, garlic, scallions and jalapeno in a food processor until smooth. Fold in pomegranate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into a ball.
- Roll in pecans and return to fridge until ready to serve.