What I have for you today are cute, little itty bitty hot dogs.
For some reason I was about to type the word “stoked”
I’m excited.but thankfully I stopped myself because yeah…I don’t really say “stoked”. Sooo, let’s just stick to I’m excited. First of all, they’re just so cute. Secondly, you can so customize the hell of of them and not waste a lot if you want to get all crazy. Like me.
Is this a new groundbreaking recipe?
They’re just little hot dogs wrapped in half of a browned and buttered dinner roll, and I made them three different little hot dog ways.
I know, they’re damn cute. Sometimes I just need to make very easy, family friendly recipes. Even if sometimes my language is not. And, yes, I found a way to incorporate jalapeños. I’m sure you’re shocked.
I typically don’t really care about hot dogs, but every now and then I really crave a good one. And when I do, I want everything I can find in the fridge piled on top of it.
Here’s my lineup-
Queso and jalapeños. Obviously, my favorite.
Sauerkraut with mustard and Thousand Island dressing.
Lastly, ketchup and relish.
I think I actually found more shit to throw on top to make some of them really trashy, which is probably a post for later.
I had some habaneros at the bottom of the crisper that looked just fine, but when I pulled them out they had a little mold on the bottom.
I got so excited at the thought of making a habanero relish for the hot dogs, which never occurred to me to try to make. Why do I let these things go bad?? Just another food blogger problem, I guess.
Here’s your printable-
- 6 dinner rolls, halved
- 1/2 stick salted butter, melted
- Handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 12 Little Smokies (miniature smoked sausage links)
- Your favorite hot dog toppings - We used sauerkraut, homemade Thousand Island dressing, relish, ketchup, mustard, cheese queso and jalapenos.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the dinner roll halves with butter and sprinkle with parsley and
- Bake until brown - about 2-3 minutes and remove from oven.
- Place a little smokie in the center of each roll half and squeeze together like a hot dog. Place in a small baking or casserole dish to fit all of them together (which will help keep their shape).
- Top with your favorite hot dog condiments.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
JenniferDecember 11, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Wow – so beautiful – taking sandwiches to a whole new level. We are going to post on Sandwich America!!
[email protected] n DishesDecember 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM
I am not to posh for a good dog! I can always go for kraut and dressing, but I am gaga for the queso and jalapenos, that may be my new go to!
SheaDecember 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Candace @ CabotDecember 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM
What a great idea! I’m doing this for my next cocktail party, because I’m in love with all things mini.
SheaDecember 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Thanks Candance 🙂