Hello! I’m Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls and I’m tending the kitchen for Shea today.
Today I have a special dessert to share with you: it’s something my daughter and I dreamed up and really loved. This peach mango crisp is sweet and tropical and a little nutty (if you like nuts … I do, my daughter doesn’t, so I put nuts on half of our crisp).
This easy dessert is best when served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, but my daughter and I have been known to eat it cold too.
Please feel free to stop by and visit me on my blog too at www.SumptuousSpoonfuls.com … I’ve always got something good cooking at my house. You can also find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SumptuousSpoonfuls/, Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/sumptuousspoons/) or twitter (https://twitter.com/SSpoonfuls).
Here’s the printable-
- 4- 5 cups mixed peeled, chopped peaches & mangoes (about half peaches, half mangoes)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 teaspoons good quality vanilla
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl toss the fruit with the sugar and tapioca.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, tossing twice.
- Pour into a lightly greased square 9×9 or 8×8 baking pan.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Mix well.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool briefly, but serve warm, preferably with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]