How do I begin to explain this one.
It’s just a delicious, magical and sinful hot mess all full of bacon goodness and wrapped up in a pretty little pretzel bun bow.
Is there such a word as succulantnessedness?? Probably not.
I made these pretzel buns from My Life as a Mrs. a few days ago and it was SO easy, and they tasted perfect. Probably the best pretzel recipe I’ve made so far.
Of course, you could use these buns for burgers or whatever (which we did last night). I just happen to have a thing for chicken salad. And jalapenos. What? You already knew that? Ok, so it shouldn’t surprise you that I had to add them to my chicken salad. I’ve already added habaneros to it here – just an FYI.
And I put more jalapenos on top. You know me. I actually wished I had added some hot sauce on top. Just because I can’t help but need that stuff all the time.
Can you see the texture of these?
They were amazing. And such a nice change to regular bread. It’s not that I don’t like regular bread, but pretzel buns are just fun.
And the ripe tomato made it…
Here’s your printable-
Jalapeno Chicken Salad Bacon Club on a Homemade Pretzel Bun
- This pretzel roll recipe
- This chicken salad recipe
- 1/4 cup jarred pickled jalapeno slices, diced, plus more left whole for topping sandwiches with
- 1 lb bacon, cooked
- Green leaf lettuce, washed and patted dry
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- Make the pretzel rolls.
- Combine the chicken salad with the diced jalapeno slices.
- Slice the pretzel buns in half.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of chicken salad on bottom half, add a few bacon slices, top with lettuce, tomato and jalapeno slices.
- Add the top half of pretzel bun.