You know you need a new jalapeno recipe today…
These are soooo cute. And soooo fun. Oh, and soooo good.
These are my Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins that I added even more jalapeno goodness to – Jalapeno Butter.
Yes, I know I need a manicure.
The cheese I used is Cabot’s Sharp White Cheddar, but you could go with whatever you like. Sharp cheddar has been my very favorite since I was little.
Speaking of little – my sister and niece are here for a visit this week! This kid can eat (you know I love it), and she especially loves ceviche, of all things. This is Liza putting away a whole bowl of guacamole with some ceviche thrown in there.
She’s just so stinkin’ cute I can’t stand it.
Here’s your printable-
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins with Jalapeno Butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot's Sharp Cheddar
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, and make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, oil and egg and pour into flour mixture, stirring until moist.
- Add half of the diced jalapenos and cheddar, combine.
- Spoon into muffin cups sprayed with nonstick spray, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- White muffins are baking, mix softened butter with remaining diced jalapenos.
- Serve butter with muffins.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
kristaApril 18, 2015 at 9:42 PM
These look amazing! I love sharp cheddar and jalapeno, I’m going to put these on my list of recipes to try!
[email protected]April 18, 2015 at 5:19 AM
The muffin looks so yummy! Very very tempting. And that smile of your niece tells how yummy the muffins are.
Rachael @ Cabot CheeseApril 17, 2015 at 10:43 AM
These look fantastic, I can’t wait to try them this weekend! Love it.