Short post for y’all today – but I’m sooo behind on every.single.thing.
I’m still excited to share these with you.
I know. So simple.
But damn. Who knew something so easy and weird at the same time would taste so good?
I had them at a restaurant about three years ago and have been meaning to make them since, but I’m just now getting around to it.
It’s called procrastination. I don’t recommend it.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 12 oz jar hamburger pickles
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl.
- Dip each pickle individually in the buttermilk, then dredge in flour mixture (I did mine twice to get a good coating on there).
- Bring the oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry the pickles in batches until brown, 1 to 2 minutes, and move to a paper towel lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Serve with Ranch dressing.
Nichole CMay 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I love love love fried pickles! I wonder if it’s too early to make these?! Haha