I need to apologize in advance.
These will make you cuss.
Not like bein’ all foul-mouthed and angry, but cussing as in good cussing. They’re that damn good.
I should be ashamed, I know.
I’ve loved sloppy joes since I can remember – the tomato saucy version with cheese and diced onions. I started craving them a few days ago and decided it was time for me to make a brand new version.
Sloppy Joes Dixie Chik Cooks style.
It exceeded my expectations. Yes, they are spicy, but you can control the heat by de-seeding the jalapenos and reducing the amount of chipotle adobo sauce (a little goes a long way).
I happen to like my mouth being on fire. My husband so doesn’t get that, but I don’t get him either – like why he feels the need to clean my laptop screen every time he uses it. I mean, it’s just a little dust.
Anyway, whether you make these hot or mild, the taste is oustanding.
Say hello to the trashy, slutty Sloppy Joe.
It has no shame.
Here’s the printable!
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers (you could add some chopped peppers if you want it hotter)
- 3 jalapeno peppers, washed and sliced into discs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 7 oz Havarti cheese, diced
- Slider buns
- Brown the ground round over medium heat, drain the fat.
- Add adobo sauce and ketchup, stir until bubbly, reduce to low and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- To a saute pan, add the olive oil and peppers over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with salt. Saute until caramelized, about 10-15 minutes. Add a little water if it gets too dry.
- For the cheese sauce, melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, and when it starts to bubble a little bit add flour and whisk until thick.
- Add milk and cheese, reduce to medium-low. Whisk until melted and thick.
- Serve beef on slider buns topped with cheese sauce and jalapenos.
Miz HelenNovember 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Your Chipotle Sloppy Joe Sliders look amazing, I can’t wait to try these. Thank you so much for taking the time during this busy season to share your wonderful post with Full Plate Thursday. Have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you again real soon!
[email protected]November 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Love these BAD BAD BOYS! I would love to cuss right here but I have to maintain my Betsy decorum… cuz everyone knows I am always a lady… hahahaha!
These are amazing. Love them and think you should get your arse our of ‘bama and come West woman, come West. Love you oodles! XO etc.
Natalie @ Tastes LovelyNovember 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
These look delicious! My spicy food loving husband will be glad I found this recipe.
Stephanie @ Plain ChickenNovember 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
OMG! Tadd loves sloppy joes. He would go NUTS over these. That cheese sauce is calling my name!