I believe it’s probably apparent that I have an affinity for buffalo sauce.
I could literally drink it. If it’s Moore’s.
Have you seen my Buffalo Blue Burger? It’s phenomenal. Oh, and Buffalo Chicken Skillet Pizza is amazing if you haven’t tried that. Let’s not forget my Buffalo Chicken Hand Cut Fries.
There’s more, but let’s move on to this one. You can go to my visual recipe index and see them all.
I have made something similar to this BLT in the past, but this one is a bit different. The chicken is much better on this one, and I used two different types of cheeses. Of course blue cheese is involved, and I added Cabot’s Farmhouse Reserve White Cheddar. I don’t think you can ever have too much cheese.
I did make this a bit big; kind of a double stacker. You don’t have to – you can do a smaller version.
Yes, I did put Ranch on the first one. It’s completely optional – won’t change the entire flavor of the sandwich. I just like it.
Combining butter and eggs with buffalo sauce to dip the chicken in before dredging it adds a bit of depth to the flavor of the chicken.
THIS is one amazing sandwich.
Here’s your printable-
Buffalo Chicken, White Cheddar and Blue Cheese BLT
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally
- 4 tbsp butter, melted (let it cool a little after you melt it)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 large Italian baguette, sliced
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Moore's Buffalo Sauce
- Blue cheese, crumbled
- Cabot Farmhouse Reserve White Cheddar
- Ranch dressing
- Combine the flour through pepper.
- Whisk 1 tbsp butter, eggs and 2 tbsp Moore's Buffalo sauce together.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, dredge in flour.
- Bring oil to 350 degrees in a large sauce pan.
- Fry chicken about 4-8 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Brush baguette slices with remaining butter and toast.
- Build sandwich by adding white cheddar to baguette slice, tomato, lettuce, blue cheese, chicken, bacon, ranch dressing and top with baguette slice.