This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBias #ad
For me, the Big Game is all about the food. I love a good opportunity to make goodies for the people I love, so I had an idea to make a really fun snack table.
o Game Day Glory Sweepstakes.
Since I seem to always be at my favorite local Wal-Mart, I easily found all the goodies I needed for my fun game table setup to give my kids and their friends plenty of snacks for the big game. My table made everybody happy; from TOSTITOS® chips with six layer dips, mini sandwiches and sweets. I made several things – Individual 6 Layer Mexican Dips Mini Italian Sandwiches Skittles® XL (41 oz. size bag) Push Ups SNICKERS® FUN SIZE® Variety 35 oz were definitely a part of the spread! Lots of Pepsi for refreshment. To make my table, I used an old bedsheet and some of my ex-husband’s white duct tape that he used for work; I found it in the garage! The decorated containers are simply a tomato sauce can and mason jars that I covered with construction paper and decorated with burlap and tape. The push ups were these cute plastic push up containers I found online with Skittles® XL 41 oz. There’s a million uses for them. The kids loved them! Here’s the recipe printable for the six layer dips and the sandwiches-
- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can white corn, drained and rinsed
- TOSTITOS® Salsa
- Sour cream
- Black olives, sliced
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- 1/2 lb Pastrami, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb Ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked
- 4 oz. Muenster cheese, sliced thin (or Provolone or Mozzarella)
- 1 cup pickled pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 3/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- Italian leaf parsley, chopped
- Brown taco seasoning over medium heat, add taco seasoning, water and cream cheese; stirring until combined. Cover and let simmer; adding a little water at a time if it gets too thick.
- To make layered dip cups, add beef mixture on the bottom of clear plastic cups, followed by beans, corn, salsa, sour cream, cheese, olives and onions.
- Serve with TOSTITOS®
- Make the Italian dressing - combine olive oil through salt and pepper and shake; refrigerate.
- Slice Italian bread lengthwise twice to get three layers.
- Spread mayo generously on the bottom half of bread.
- Layer pastrami, ham, and cheese slices on the bottom, to the second layer add bacon, more cheese slices, peppers, black olives, onions and parsley.
- Drizzle with Italian dressing and cover with top half of the bread.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Cut and serve.
- [xyz-ihs snippet="Swoop"]
My favorite way to eat the Italian Subs is to wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Since these were going to be sitting out for a while, I decided to keep them cold, but if you should try them hot!
Make sure to go and vote for your favorite snack stadium (above) to enter the #gamedayglorysweepstakes for a chance to win a $100 Walmart eGift card or Xbox One! You can also share a photo of your own snack stadium on Instagram using “#gamedayglorysweepstakes” to enter the sweeps. Go here for more snack stadium and snack ideas.