New Year’s Eve Spread
Are you ready for tonight?
Here’s my spread made completely (almost) out of holiday leftovers.
Crowder Pea Bacon Hummus. You know, since I just so happened to have seasoned my peas with bacon.
Deviled Ham Dip.
Yep, I deviled some ham.
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms.
I also threw in some Brie and Fontina cheeses.
Big, fat green olives. I could eat my weight in those things.
Lots of crackers and shit like that.
Oh, and more wine.
Here’s how I made it all:
For the Crowder Pea Bacon Hummus
- 2 cups leftover crowder peas (I cooked mine with bacon, but it's not necessary)
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus more for topping
- 3 tbsp water, or more to reach desire consistency
- Paprika, for topping
For the Deviled Ham Dip
- 2 cups leftover ham
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 4 leftover deviled eggs
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup relish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
For the Chicken Parmesan Mushrooms
- 1 cup leftover chicken
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. portobello mushroom caps
- Bread crumbs
- Flat leaf Italian parsley
To make the Hummus
- Pulse everything in a food processor until smooth, top with olive oil and paprika.
To make the Deviled Ham Dip
- Pulse everything in a food processor until smooth. You won't need salt, trust me.
To make the Chicken Parmesan Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pulse everything from chicken to Parm in a food processor.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with chicken filling and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
© 2011-2017 ~Dixie Chik Cooks~ All Rights Reserved Top