Jerk chicken? In dip form?
Yes, of course.
If you know me at all, you know I can take almost anything and make a dip or appetizer out of it. They’re my favorite things.
This beautiful-ness consists of chicken that’s been seasoned with a Jamaican Jerk marinade (this is what I used and I’ve used it for years and I love it) and shredded, on top of a mixture of cream cheese, caramelized onions and jalapenos, crushed pineapple, and topped with Gorgonzola cheese and baked.
If you like Jamaican Jerk chicken, you’ll love this dip. The Gorgonzola cheese is optional; but I think it takes it to a new level. A fantastic level. Just keep it mind that it’s very strong and a little goes a looooonnnnngggg way – it’s in the blue cheese family. I thought about using Cheddar or Monterey jack, but the sharpness of the Gorgonzola goes so well with the Jerk flavors.
You could also add more jalapenos to make it really spicy. One pepper gives it just enough kick without being too hot.
Here’s your printable-
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz crushed pineapple (about half of a 8 oz can)
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken breast marinated in Jerk marinade, shredded (I grilled a pound the night before for dinner and I had this leftover)
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (more or less depending on your taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add jalapeno and onion, and sprinkle with salt.
- Saute until caramelized.
- Combine cream cheese, onions and peppers and pineapple.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in a baking dish (about 9 inch)
- Spoon chicken on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling.