Don’t hate me.
Will ruin your Thanksgiving guests’ appetites for turkey and dressing in a couple of days.
It’s probably the sexiest appetizer I’ve ever made in the history of Dixie Chik Cooks. And y’all know I love to make appetizers so I obviously bonded with this one in a special way.
Sometimes, eating chili by itself just isn’t enough. I mean, most of the time it is. BUT - every now and then you gotta get all crazy as shit with it. At least I do.
My good friends at Cabot happen to have quite the line up of cheeses. I’ve made many things with their cheeses; go here, here, here and here just to check out a few. <—Trust me. I’ve used many in their collection, but one that I’ve had a hard time using in an original recipe is their Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar. Not sure why; you would think that of all things would come naturally for me. I mean, after all I love to set my mouth on fire.
So, after making a big ass batch of chili (it unfortunately got cold here, damnit) it hit me to make – yes - another dip.
The hot wing buffalo cheddar married seamlessly with the chili and made a dip that I couldn’t get enough of. You can customize it – add more cream cheese, tomatoes, etc., if you want to keep the heat at a minimum, but why do that?
That’s just not fun.
Here’s your printable –
Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar Chili Dip
- 4 cups chili (homemade - mine included Italian sausage along with ground round, lots of fennel seed and cumin, or used canned if you don't give a shit)
- 8 oz Cabot Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- Diced tomatoes and scallions
- Tortilla chips or crackers, for serving.
- Combine all ingredients in a dutch oven over medium heat and stir consistently, until all cheese has melted.
- Top with tomatoes and scallions and serve with chips or crackers.