This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Private Selection. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m so excited it’s finally real grilling season. I do grill year-round, but it’s most fun in the warm weather. So, speaking of grilling, I have a new burger for you.
When it comes to burgers, traditional cheeseburgers are always great, but sometimes I want something so out of the ordinary. Something sooo…Dixie Chik Cooks.
I know it looks like my burger threw up nachos. But, it didn’t.
It’s just a burger. With nachos on top. NACHOS, people. Oh, and caramelized jalapenos. Call me crazy, but I was craving nachos and a burger at the same time. So, why not combine the two?
I have teamed up with Kroger and Private Selection to bring you this burger that’s so off the charts it’s ridiculous.
Private Selection and Kroger want to know what you think makes the best burger, so they. As a matter of fact,as part of participating in Burger Nation Sweepstakes, you’ll receive a free Mason Jar Dessert! All you have to do is submit a recipe or tip. See official Rules at the bottom of this post. To visit a Kroger near you, here’s a Store Locator.
Also, one lucky winner will recieve a Weber Summit E-670 Gas Grill. That’s just awesome. I want one.
You can also Like Private Selection® on Facebook and Follow Private Selection® on Pinterest.
I mean, ok, so fine. Maybe it’s a little indulgent and very messy. Everybody has their indulgences that may seem crazy for other people. For example, I dip my Frito’s in cottage cheese. It’s a necessity, I’ve done it since I can remember, and it’s one of the most delicious things in my life.
Keep in mind with this recipe that you don’t have to make your own cheese sauce; you could always buy jarred queso or refrigerated white cheese.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced into discs
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 bag white tortilla chips
- 1 tomato, diced
- Green leaf lettuce, shredded
- Hot sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- To make the burgers, combine the ground round, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt together and form patties; refrigerate until peppers and cheese sauce are done.
- Over medium heat, add the butter to a saute pan and when starting to melt add jalapenos and sprinkle them with salt.
- Stir, and a little water if the pan gets too dry. Don't stir too much!
- Cook over medium until caramelized, about 10 minutes; remove from heat and cover.
- To make the cheese sauce, add cream cheese to a sauce pan over medium heat and when starting to melt add shredded cheese.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Stir until melted and whisk in milk and cayenne and cover.
- Whisk together flour and water, then add to cheese mixture.
- Stir until thickened and remove from heat.
- Grill burgers until done.
- To assemble, add a burger to bottoms of buns, top with chips, cheese sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos and hot sauce.
[email protected] in PyjamasMay 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I’m on a burger high at the minute, it’s all I want to eat. These look delicious. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!
tash @ the velvet moon bakerMay 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Nachos!…In a burger!! This is amazing..
Lorraine @ Cookin' For the Seven DwarfsMay 25, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Oh…my…GOSH! This looks AMAZING! I’ve never heard of a nacho burger….I’ve gotta try this! Wow. 🙂 This is one of my favorites at Sweet & Savoury Sundays! Thanks for linking up with us!
[email protected] House and HomeMay 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Your picture is Amazing!!! Recipe looks great! Pinning, Julia
HeatherMay 21, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Wow. Just found your blog over at Lamberts Lately. Your recipes look phenomenal! Your pictures are great and you have me in the mood to cook me up some nacho burger or fried green tomato burger. But I don’t think I will ever dip my fritos in cottage cheese. That is just crazy.
Look forward to following along with you.