I literally can’t get over just how easy making pita bread is.
I never even knew.
It’s so easy you can make it in your sleep. I mean, kinda, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
I use King Arthur flour most of the time – the quality is superior. It just seems like every time I use it my recipes turn out a little better than using store brand flour.
Now, this feta dip is amazing. It will rock your world; it’s one of those crack-like things that you won’t be able to get enough of. Of course I had to go and throw peppers in it. It gives it character. Character and a kick.
I love everything about this dip; the tartness, the saltiness, the texture.
You don’t have to limit it to scooping it up with pita bread. I can think of a bazillion things to do with it. Stuffing chicken or steak with it immediately comes to mind – just for example – on a salad with grilled shrimp sounds good, too.
Oh, this would be great on pizza or in burgers…or broiled on top of freshly baked homemade bread.
Here’s your printable-
Lemony Feta with Homemade Pita Bread
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water with the yeast. Set aside and let it get foamy and frothy, about 10 minutes.
- In your stand mixer bowl combine 2 1/2 cups flour, salt, olive oil and yeast mixture. Mix until the dough comes together. Crank the mixer up to high and knead for about 5 minutes, until pliable and stretchy.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning over to coat both sides, and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Set in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch the dough down, and transfer to a floured work surface and cut into 8 even portions. Place on a baking sheet and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees along with a baking stone or cast iron skillet.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll out into a 8 to 9-inch circle on a well floured work surface. Transfer the dough onto the hot baking stone or cast iron skillet and cook until fully puffed up, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Continue cooking the rest in the same manner, making sure to cover them with the kitchen towel each time.
Lemony Jalapeno Feta
- Combine everything in a mixing bowl and refrigerate.
- Scoop with pita bread and enjoy.