Hello there! I’m Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen and I’m happy to be here! Shea was kind enough to offer my reader’s a savory recipe a few weeks back and I thought I would return the favor and give you all something sweet!
I have a specific routine on how to eat an Almond Joy candy- I always bite off the almond first. Then I feel like I can enjoy my “Mounds bar.” Mounds bars have always been a favorite of mine. They are even more special to me now because my son dislikes coconut. So of course I can keep as many Mounds as I want in the house without the slightest fear of little hands stealing them away from me (and I do!).
I also have specific memories of being annoyed that Almond Joys were not called Mounds. I mean they have a “mound” on top of them! Right? Are you with me?! Someone along the line messed that one up if you ask me. Of course no one cares what preteen Katrina thinks. Now you can make your own version. You can even call them whatever you want.
- 1 Family Size (9×13) pan of brownies, prepared
- 5 1/3 Cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 14oz Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Can of chocolate frosting
- Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
- Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
- Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and set up.