Y’all…I made one of the best things ever.
AND I was challenged to do it.
A food blogger friend of mine, Adam from Unorthodox Epicure and I decided to have a foodie competition. We exchanged criteria to meet and agreed on a post date.
The premise: Nachos.
I gave him the challenge of using these three ingredients (but not limited to): tahini, seafood and bleu cheese. He gave me the challenge of making nachos from three regions: Texas, China and Italy. Um… somehow he thought he got the short end of the stick. I really don’t think that was necessarily the case. (He just wanted to whine).
Nevertheless, I did make some badass nachos.
These are homemade seasoned flour tortilla chips topped with seared Ahi tuna, mango-jalapeno salsa, drizzled with avocado wasabi cream, and garnished with fresh Arugula. My husband declared them restaurant worthy. At one point I think he mentioned something about marrying them….
They’re definitely outstanding. I made them four times in the last week.
Want to see what Adam made?? Go here.
Here’s your printable-
- 1 package flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- Butter flavored nonstick spray
- Seasoned salt
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 large mango, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Ahi tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray chips with nonstick spray and generously sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes on each side, until crispy.
- Combine all ingredients for avocado cream, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine all ingredients for salsa, cover and refrigerate.
- Salt and pepper tuna steaks, and bring 1 tbsp canola oil over medium low heat.
- Add steaks and sear 1-2 minutes for rare; remove from heat and slice.
- Whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger together.
- Assemble nachos by layering tuna on chips, top with salsa and avocado-wasabi cream, arugula, and drizzle with soy/sesame mixture.